Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year!

As for me, I will be vindicated and will see your face; when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness. (Psalm 17:15 NIV)

Happy New Year! I reposted something on facebook yesterday that said something like "tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365 page book,write a good one" That is my plan for 2015. 

I know that darkness is everywhere. Just look at our headlines, racial tensions, war, famine, disease, it's all there waiting at the door step. But, I don't live in fear. I have the hope of Jesus Christ. I know that no matter what ills await me in the new year, Jesus is there for me and the ultimate victory has already been won. I woke up this morning seeing the face of my savior. He will be with me as I start this new year in ministry. We ride on our first motorcycle ride of the new year. Yep, it's 10 degrees and I'm riding to breakfast with my CMA family then we are on our way to the POLAR BEAR ride. It is perfectly fitting that I start this new year serving the Lord. My hope is to do this for all 365 pages. My hope is in him!

Dear Lord Jesus, even though life will not be perfect in this new year, I can rest assured that you are perfect and will be with me always. Bless this year for your glory and not my own. Protect me and send me where you would have me serve. Praise God for his wonderful victory!

No comments: