Friday, January 30, 2015

Charge!

David replied to the Philistine, “You come to me with sword, spear, and javelin, but I come to you in the name of the LORD of Heaven’s Armies—the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. (1 Samuel 17:45 NLT)

In your Face! Sometimes, as a Christian, I think I'm too passive. I know that might come as a shock to those that know me. Normally, I am a bit outspoken. I have never really held back my thoughts or feelings, with one exception. I'm not that way when I talk about Christ. I don't know if I'm afraid to turn people off, or offend somebody. I'm not sure if it's lack of confidence, but I am just not as bold in this one area of my life. 

I need to be more like the David of these verses. In this story, David charges out to his enemy, screaming the power of God. He's not shy, he's not reserved, he's not afraid of offending or hurting someone. He charges against unspeakable odds with reckless abandon safe in the knowledge that his God is bigger than theirs. His God is the creator of the universe and his God is God! He knew his foes stood no chance against God. I need to remember that when I go into battle with my enemies, the stresses of life, temptations, and barriers to doing Gods will. I can charge into those times with reckless abandon, giving it all I have for him.

Praise God for his wonderful love and his unmatchable power. amen!


No comments: