Thursday, January 22, 2015

Water under the bridge!

Surrender your heart to God, turn to him in prayer, and give up your sins— even those you do in secret. Then you won't be ashamed; you will be confident and fearless. Your troubles will go away like water beneath a bridge, and your darkest night will be brighter than noon. You will rest safe and secure, filled with hope and emptied of worry. (Job 11:13-18 CEV)

I have heard this saying hundreds of times, "That's water under the Bridge!" I hear it often when some one is trying to tell me to forget something. I never knew it was biblical. It's hard for me to forget about my faults and failures. Sometimes I have a dificult time forgiving and forgetting. I struggle forgiving myself and others. Being a Christian puts you under a microscope with others but also yourself. Because I know the power of God, I also know he knows everything about me. He knows my deepest and darkest sins. There is shame for that weakness. But this is verse states it all. I need to surrender it ALL to God. 

When I surrender to my Heavenly Father, I slept easier at night. I walk through my day with confidence and more importantly it allows me time to focus on the job at hand. If My mind is occupied with my failures and shortcomings, I can not focus on the things that really matter. Surrender!

Lord I know my sins. I praise you for removing them and giving me confidence in my weakness. You have granted this amazing gift through your son, Jesus. Thank you Lord for washing my sins away in that water that flows under the bridge. I praise you for the peace, joy, and hope you provide in the midst of the pain! Amen!




No comments: