Thursday, January 29, 2015

The 4D's

All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves; for the battle is the Lord’s, and he will give all of you into our hands.” (1 Samuel 17:47 NIV

How's your New Years resolution coming! My goal, I don't do resolutions, is to draw closer to God. I'm feeling pretty good about it so far. I've prayed more and not missed a morning or evening devotion time. I am still trying to pray and focus more during the day on Jesus, it gets busy and it's not easy but I'm trying. 

For those struggling, don't give up. In my devotional yesterday, Rick Warren said 4 things get in the way of our goals: delay, discouragement, disapproval, and doubt. I am sure we can all relate to at least one of those. But, this verse reinforces that we don't have to fight alone. In fact the battles with delay, discouragement, disapproval, and doubt, belong to the Lord. It's not our fight! So turn it over to him and you will reach your goals, resolutions, and dreams. 

Thank you Lord Jesus for fighting my battles. You know my weaknesses and you make me strong. I love you and am amazed by you. Help me reach my goals. I want to rest in your arms forever! Amen!


No comments: