Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Anticipation!

I wait for the Lord more than watchmen wait for the morning, more than watchmen wait for the morning. Israel, put your hope in the Lord, for with the Lord is unfailing love and with him is full redemption. (Psalm 130:6-7 NIV)

Today is the last day of 2014. Tonight millions of people will hold off on their rest to ring in the new year. The anticipation will grow and grow until the last minutes will seem like hours. In the mean time celebrations will fill the void and make the waiting fly by. I often wonder if we are celebrating last year or the year to come. I'm not really sure it matters to most people. I am sure it is some of both. 

The anticipation of the new year is a wonderful time. I am always excited to see what God has set before me. When I turned my life to Christ, I vowed to let his plan guide me. I know I don't always follow that plan, but even when I mess it up, he has a way of bringing me back to his will. That is why my anticipation for the new year grows just like waiting for the ball to drop in Times Square. Who will he bring in to my life? Where will he take me? What adventurers will I be apart of? I just can't wait.

My anticipation of 2015 is fueled by the great year I had in 2014. This is the year we got a new grandson as my daughter adopted a wonderful young boy. This is the year, I was blessed with some great CMA adventures including Iron Butt rides, Rolling Thunder, my first Changing of the Colors Rally and so much more. Although my wife broke her elbow to cut short our vacation, I had many great times with my wife and family traveling all over the Midwest. It is my wonderful 2014 that builds my excitement for 2015.

Praise God or this wonderful life I live and I look forward to serving you Lord through all situations. Please Lord, direct me to serve those you want me to serve. Grant me the words to spread your message of grace, mercy and love. Fill me with your spirit. Help me love all people including those that don't love you. Help me to be the best husband, father, grandfather, teacher, CMA president, and servant of Christ I can be in 2015. 

Praise God for 2014 and the 2015 to come!

No comments: