Friday, January 2, 2015

How close do you want to be!

O“When you call on me, when you come and pray to me, I’ll listen. “When you come looking for me, you’ll find me. “Yes, when you get serious about finding me and want it more than anything else, I’ll make sure you won’t be disappointed.” GOD ’s Decree. “I’ll turn things around for you. I’ll bring you back from all the countries into which I drove you”— GOD ’s Decree—“bring you home to the place from which I sent you off into exile. You can count on it. (Jeremiah 29:12-14 MSG)


I love this paraphrase and it's wonderful truth. I also love this phrase I heard from Rick Warren: 

You are only as close to God as you choose to be.

How hard am I seeking God? Am I really serious? Do I want it more than anything else in my life? More than wealth, motorcycles, things, success, power? You fill in the blank with your personal weakness. But the good news, God is just waiting for us to get serious. He's waiting and ready to turn things around for me. Turn things around? If you have read this blog you know I am thrilled with my life, how can he make it any better? I am blessed in ways I could never imagined yes, I have plenty of things, but I also am blessed with a great family, wonderful friends, and a peace in my life that can only be from God. Why should I seek him more? It may seem impossible to my feeble mind, but if I don't pursue God with ALL my heart, I will be missing out on the best that God has in store for me. Sure I might have it pretty good. It can always get better. He promises I won't be dissappointed. Shouldn't I want that absolute best? Then I should not hold back. I need to, literally, attack God, pursue him with all my heart. If I do that with all effort and seriousness, I can count on amazing things happening. 

Dear Lord, fuel my heart for things of you. I know you want the absolute best for me. You want to lavish me with gifts through eternity. Yet, I hold back. Please forgive me. I truly love you and desire your perfect will I my life. I want to be closer to you every day of my life. May I be a true servant in relentless pursuit of your kingdom. Amen!


No comments: