Thursday, January 8, 2015

Rest, repentance, peace, and faith!

This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: “In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength, but you would have none of it. (Isaiah 30:15 NIV)

It's 12 midnight and I'm still up. I finished my school work and then completed my bible study. I'm listening to two different studies this month. I'm studying Rick Warrens Transformed series on his daily hope broadcast at night and I am going through Chip Ingrams "From Good to Great in Gods eyes" study in the mornings. I've made the commitment, I'm enjoying the thoughtful study of Gods word, and it is refreshing. But I need rest. However, school has been cancelled tomorrow from the bitter cold temps, so I can stay up a while longer. 

I bring that up because of my verse for the day. Isn't it amazing that God put so much emphasis on rest? It's even in the Ten Commandments. God wants us to rest. He wants us to repent, rest, experience some peace in our day, and trust in him. If we combine those, we will thrive, not just survive life. The stresses and strains may be caused by lack of rest, refusal to repent, a busy schedule and lack of faith that God has it under control. We have no need to fear. We have a savior who loves us dearly. Even when we ignore the rest we need, the peace, openess with God, and faith, we will not be abandoned. Praise God!

No comments: