Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Mood Rings

In your relationships with one another, have the same mindset as Christ Jesus: (Philippians 2:5 NIV)

Do you remember "mood rings"? It was a regular ring that indicated your mood by changing the color of the stone. They were fun and pretty quirky. It would really be great if mood rings did what they proclaimed. How valuable would it be to know, before you said something stupid, what mood your wife was in when you walked in the door? People would know when it was best to leave me alone. Yep, I certainly can be moody. I think all of us can to some degree.

The key to maintain an even mood is to have the same mindset as Jesus. Even when confronted by his enemy Jesus never got rattled. He never got moody because of he circumstances of the day. Contrary to my actions, Jesus did not have issues with being grumpy or irritable. The more and more I draw closer to  Jesus the less I display moodiness. But I need to do better. I need to tie my daily attitude to thoughts from above. The more I dwell on the things of Jesus, scripture, prayer, worship, and service, the les chance I have to dwell on those things that sour my outward thoughts. Hanging out with people that have a negative spirit can also destroy a mood pretty quickly. What I watch on tv, what I read, and social media, all impact my steadiness. I have to remove these things in order to be in the right frame of mind.

Lord, I can't change on my own. I need the wonderful support of your heavenly spirit. Guide me in your ways. Guide me in the path that I should take. I want to be your shining light. I want to be the type of person that leads others to Christ with my actions and the ie I lead. Help me Lord, serve you. Amen!


No comments: