Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Most prized possession?

Some merciless people are trying to trap me, but I never turn my back on your teachings. They will always be my most prized possession and my source of joy. I have made up my mind to obey your laws forever, no matter what. (Psalms 119:110-112 CEV)

I'm sure you can guess what my most prized possession is. It definitely is my motorcycle, until I read these beautiful verses out of the Contemporary English Version of the Bible. I've never thought of the teachings of Jesus as being a possession. But, I get it. They are definitely prized. They are the joy of my life. In my prayer time last night it just struck me, as it often does, how wonderfully blessed I am. I'm not talking about "thanks God for the motorcycle blessed", I'm talking about blessed that I have found favor in Gods eyes. It just seems like even when things are going bad, I always feel blessed. Even when things seem there darkest, I clearly see hope. Yes, the things of this life are also with me, but my joy goes way beyond stuff. I have a peace, joy, and hope that I just don't deserve. That's being blessed.

It is easy to think this life I have is all because of ME. I know it's not. I have done nothing without the power of Jesus Christ. Pride could well up inside me, but because I do know my sinful nature and that battle going on inside my mind. It is obvious to me who deserve the credit. It may not be that clear to those I see every day. That's why I need to share Christ. I don't want to take credit for my wonderful life when the creator of the universe deserves the credit. 

Thank you Lord for your great love. It's all about you!

No comments: