Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Making people mad,

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. (Psalm 23:5 NIV)

Have you ever made anyone mad at you? I know that's a dumb question. Of course, we have all done things to upset others. I am no exception. I don't wake up in the morning trying to offend someone, but it happens. I don't mean to do it. I always look back and try to figure out how I could change it. I take responsibility for those times it happens. But, it is a two way street. I have found that some people just tick me off easier than others. I wouldn't go so far as calling them enemies, but there are people that rub me the wrong way. I am sure that has something to do with me making someone else mad. Some people just don't like me. That hurts but I can't dwell on it.

I am not perfect. I am so glad I have a savior that doesn't hold grudges, that doesn't look for chances to catch me doing something wrong. I am thankful my Lord knows my heart and knows my motivations. He knows how I am truly trying to do the best things in terms of my family, my job, my ministry, and all other areas of my life. He knows my love for people and how I hurt when I offend someone. Thank you Lord. I love you and know I can  always turn to you to help me build positive relationships with those that don't like me. I will continue to show love to my "enemy".


No comments: