Saturday, January 17, 2015

Penny for your thoughts

So letting your sinful nature control your mind leads to death. But letting the Spirit control your mind leads to life and peace. For the sinful nature is always hostile to God. It never did obey God’s laws, and it never will. That’s why those who are still under the control of their sinful nature can never please God. (Romans 8:6-8 NLT)

  My CMA (Christian Motorcyclist Association) chapter h a monthly bible study that I thoroughly enjoy. I made a coment about controlling your thoughts and everyone laughed it off as impossible. I agree it is very difficult but we MUST get it done. These verses give the consequences of not controlling your thoughts. We can not let sin control our thoughts. Sure others don't know our thoughts, but God does. So how do we control our sinus thoughts. Here are some of my "thoughts":

Control who you hang out with - spending time with Christian friends, serving Christ, having clean fun can help control your thoughts. That doesn't mean you can't serve the lost, but you have to pray your way through those encounters. Entering into a mission field, even here in your own community, can not be done lightly. God has to be in the center of it. 

Control what you watch - television, Internet, social media, and other media help shape your thoughts. I really am working on this. unfriendliness those that do not post positive thoughts, blocking inappropriate spam, and keeping pure the things you let your eyes see.

Filling your mind with the Holy Spirit - once you get rid of some of the bad input, you need to fill it with thing of God. I'm increasing my time in the bible, reading more books that are of God, serving others, and praying, communicating with God.


Dear Lord please help me control the through to of my mind. I want them to be your thoughts. I want them to be pleasing to you and not controlled by the sinful spirit. Help me do the things that I can do to eliminate those thoughts. I praise you for your love, grace, mercy, and patience.

No comments: