Tuesday, January 27, 2015

I can see for miles and miles and miles!

The prudent understand where they are going, but fools deceive themselves. (Proverbs 14:8 NLT)

One of my favorite songs is "I can see for miles!" by The Who. For some reason when I read this Proverb tonight in my Rick Warren devotional, I thought of this song immediately. 

As I have grown more in faith throughout my life I feel like I can see further and further into the future. I can't see forever, but I can see enough ahead of me to avoid most of the pitfalls and obstacles. Earlier in my life, I would fall into a canyon even if it was right in front of me. It's not through my own power or wisdom, but through the power of Jesus Christ.

Living in the flatland of Indiana you can usually see for quite a few miles, but it's nothing like the view from the mountains. God is that mountain top for me. If I rely on my own wisdom to see the future, my vision is very limited. If I rely on Jesus, I get a supernatural wisdom that is not my own. 

Why is it so important to see ahead? 

God gives us free will to make decisions in our lives. He knows the dangers that lie ahead and he also knows if we see further ahead we can avoid calamity. So, he grants his people greater vision. It's still not perfect. But, you would be surprised how many mistake you can avoid if you listen to our wonderful creator. 

Thank you Lord for the vision you grant us. Protect us. Keep us safe from poor choices and decisions made because we refuse to look ahead. Grant us wisdom to seek your eyes, to use your knowledge of the future to the blessings of the kingdom. We pray for continued wisdom and guidance in all things. We praise your holy name! Amen!



No comments: