Saturday, January 17, 2015

Which church is best?

There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them. There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work. (1 Corinthians 12:4-6 NIV)

I had such a great time last night with my CMA family. We had a Pizza Party/game night to help us occupy our lives while we await the spring thaw. It is so amazing to me how each of our chapter members are so different. I praise God that he has blessed us all in very unique ways. Our job, our families, our churches, are all different. Yet, we are one when it comes to our love of Jesus.

Churches are the same way. I have learned not to be critical of churches. I know God puts churches in different places because people are in different places. A church that preaches more of "the loving of God" vs "a rathful God" is MEANT to preach that message. A church that is "entertaining" is MEANT to entertain. We are so quick to judge a church that doesn't worship like we do, or doesn't preach the same way. God is working through all situations. He is working through all denominations. He is working on our hearts with all types of pastors, churches, and sermons. Yes, he wants the truth being taught. Yes, the messages better be biblical. I've never been to a church that hasn't taught from the bible. He uses contemporary worship and traditional worship, great worship music and no music. I have "church shopped". I was a Methodist for years. I dedicated my life to Jesus as a Methodist. Yet, now my faith has taken me to a church which has a slightly different view than the modern Methodist church. I don't agree with much the Methodist Church stands for. It doesn't mean I hate them. Every Christian church has a place in the kingdom and development of our faith. I am thankful for my Christian heritage, the churches, and the pastors that helped my faith grow.

We / I need to find a church that meets our/my needs. God will put us in the right spot so we may flourish. Praise the Lord he has all this "stuff" figured out. He wants us to be with him, he doesn't care how that is done. Praise God! Praise God!


No comments: