Thursday, January 15, 2015

Read it! live it!

“‘Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ (Mark 12:29-30 NIV)

Is it possible to read these verses without power, excitement and emotion. I can't. I've been trying. 
You try it. Try reading it without emotion or feeling. 

It may sound strange, but when I read these verses I instantly get a picture of Charlton Heston in my mind. He is playing Moses in the Ten Commandments and challenging Pharoah. The power of the gospel comes through its strong words. But it means nothing, it loses its power, if I don't live it.

I wonder what would happen if I lived that way. (Not like Charlton Heston) what would happen if I really gave everything I have to Jesus? What happens if I really turn my mind, my heart, and soul to the creator of all things. For me, that's my goal in 2015. I want to live closer to God than I ever have. I need to care more about people. I can't reject others and love Jesus more. My thoughts need to be more focused on Jesus, not just in the morning or evening devotions, but throughout my entire day. I need to be in contact with God, praying throughout the day. I need to take my bible studies out of this blog and apply it when I deal with people I'm in conflict with, people I just don't like, and people who hate me. 

Dear Lord, I need your help reaching my goals for 2015. I want o be closer to you. I know we love each other and have for years. I want our relationship to go deeper. Help me do that with the same power and strength for these verses. You are my God, I want to show you that I do love you with all my heart and with all my soul and with all my mind and with all my strength.

No comments: