Tuesday, October 9, 2018

I am the least.



“But Lord,” Gideon replied, “how can I rescue Israel? My clan is the weakest in the whole tribe of Manasseh, and I am the least in my entire family!” Judges 6:15

Have you ever felt you were up against an impossible task? Have you ever felt inadequate for the job ahead of you. Do you yourself as the WORST choice in your family, at work, or in ministry? God doesn't give us easy, comfortable tasks to complete. God wants us to grow. He wants to stretch us and he wants to take us into a life where HIS POWER and HIS GLORY will be on full display. In my 58 years of life I have seen, first hand, the power of the Lord AND I have been rescued from chaos and my own weaknesses. 
Throughout my life, GOD has never abandoned me. God has brought me through trial, pain, loss of loved ones, loss of jobs, loss of confidence, pain, stress, and anxiety. It is during these times that the REAL POWER of the LORD is on display. Sitting quietly in the background of life, is just not how the Lord works. He takes the weakest, he takes the least qualified, he takes those that have lost all hope, and works through them for HIS GLORY. There is no one that is too far gone that the Lord can NOT use. Draw close to the Lord. Turn your life to him. In all your weakness, devote what you have to the Lord of the Universe. Sit back and watch him work. You will be amazed. Praise God he loves EVEN me. 

No comments: