Thursday, March 13, 2014

News Flash: We're ALL going to die!

In those days Hezekiah became ill and was at the point of death. The prophet Isaiah son of Amoz went to him and said, “This is what the Lord says: Put your house in order, because you are going to die; you will not recover.” (2 Kings 20:1 NIV)

I have done some study on this verse because I was trying to find out exactly what is meant by putting your house in order. While doing that I found Hezekiah was only 37 when he was affected by this deadly infection. Yet, he didn't actually die until he was 53. It's fair to say he was probably shocked by Isaiah. I'm nearly 54 years old. I probably would not be as shocked. I'm getting closer to the end every day.

I have found the Bible to be pretty straight forward, not like it is portrayed to the average person. These verses are no different. 3000 years ago or yesterday, when you say "put your housein order" it means the same thing. You first start with your own spiritual life. You better confess, repent and accept Jesus. Enough said. But you also need to make sure your family is taken care of. Have you planned for your death? A will? Sadly, even as old as I am, I haven't. I better work on that. Lastly you need to make sure your resources are taken care of. Who gets your stuff and to what end will it be used for Gods glory. 

New Flash: We're all going to die! 

What happens after the heart stops can be exciting if we "Get our house in order!" You can live forever in eternity, or not. You can be a blessing to your family after you die, or not. You can continue to minister after you die, or not. We are called by God to prepare for leaving this Earth. Our death should not be a burden to others, especially those we love.

Praise God his wisdom is perfect and when we listen to his call to get our house in order, we will be blessed. Thank you Lord for the warning, in love, to look at the future! Amen!

No comments: