Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Sinners who sin different than me!

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. (1 John 1:7 NIV)

It is easy to think of fellowship with your friends and family. I just love to spend time with my daughters and grandkids. I thoroughly enjoy my CMA family and fellowship with them every opportunity I get. I love fellowship with my coworkers and students at school. When you get beyond these groups fellowship is not as easy. I can claim I don't have time beyond my "framily" but that's only partially right. It's probably more accurate to say I don't MAKE time for anyone else.

Jesus has asked us to go into the world and make disciples of all nations. We aren't supposed to stop with the people like us. We are to go to the WORLD, that includes people we don't like, and that live counter to our Christian values. Spending time with THOSE people does not endorse their lifestyle. We need to take those opportunities to show the love of Christ without condition. It doesn't mean we have to change what the Bible says. We don't have to modify our beliefs. We need to still feel strong and hold the values of the Bible as pure and unwavering. We just need to be open to relationships with the sinners that sin differently than we do. Yes, you heard that correctly. We're all sinners. We don't want to just hangout with sinners that sin like we do. Other people sins aren't worse than ours, there just different than ours. We all need Jesus to purify our sins. He died for all of us.

We need to fellowship with anyone who needs the love of Jesus!


No comments: