Friday, March 7, 2014

Enduring winter

Here is a trustworthy saying: If we died with him, we will also live with him; if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us; (2 Timothy 2:11, 12 NIV)

I have the winter blahs. I need SPRING. This weekend we change our clocks to daylight savings time. Usually it's a sure sign of spring. With the thick snow pack still on the ground it's not easy to see the warm freshness of spring in our future. Yet, yesterday it was 40 degrees. The forecast for the week to come is possible 50's. The newness and hope of Spring is such a critical time. 

We need hope. We need something that gets us through the winters of our life. Christ can do that for you. My hope is in him. I can get motivation to endure tough times by praising God for his perfect plan. I can get to betters times by remembering the obstacles I've overcome. God has been wonderfully faithful and blessed me in my life. He will help navigate rough waters. We will grow in our knowledge and faith in him. 

Praise God for the good times and bad!

No comments: