Sunday, March 9, 2014

Get Fit!

The Lord will guide you always; he will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land and will strengthen your frame. You will be like a well-watered garden, like a spring whose waters never fail. (Isaiah 58:11 NIV)

I am two weeks in to my fitness regiment. I am working out 3-5 hours a week including running, lifting weights, and stretching. I haven't lost a lot of weight, but that's not really my goal. All I want to do is be more fit. I have seen a noticeable improvement in my blood sugar levels. ( I am at type 2 diabetic) I would have to say I am pretty successful. I feel stronger already and can feel a rise in energy. 

God wants me to take care of myself. He wants me to take care of my spiritual needs along with my physical needs. I've not done either of those with a lot of consistency in my life. I have realized I can't do it without help. I need to rely on my Heavenly Father to provide guidance, motivation and support throughout my life. He has granted those things in great abundance. He has strengthened me throughout my life, even through my own reluctance. He has cared for me like I was his own garden, tilling, weeding, and watering to get the best harvest. The longer I work on improving my spiritual life, the stronger I feel in times of trouble. Praise the Father he is patient, kind, and loving. Thank you Lord. My life would be barren without you. Keep me working toward fitness in all areas of my life. Amen!

No comments: