Sunday, March 2, 2014

Blameless!

I will be careful to lead a blameless life— when will you come to me? I will conduct the affairs of my house with a blameless heart. (Psalm 101:2 NIV)

Wow! What a bold statement. I have a wonderful family and 53+ years of family experiences. I wish I could say I have led a blameless life. I wish I could say I conducted all the affairs of our home with a blameless heart. I can not. I can look back fondly on my life and the love of my family. I can say that all of my family love The Lord and while we are all sinners, we treasure our faith. Now the next generation of our family is also exploring faith in Christ. I am excited to see their faith grow and how that will be a part of their lives.

I am so glad I have a Lord that forgives me when I don't lead a blameless life. I can come to him with my failures and my sins. I can come to him and his grace is amazing. His love is complete. He knows everything about me and still loves me completely. That's not unique for God. He loves all of us the same way. He longs to be a part of our imperfect lives. He is greatly saddened when he is excluded because of our shame. He has seen it all and has forgiven sins we can only imagine. He is greater than all of them. Go to him! Ask forgiveness! Express your faith and belief in him. Turn your life over to the creator of the universe. You can live a complete and blameless life through Christ!

No comments: