Sunday, March 30, 2014

I'm just camping!

For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. (2 Corinthians 5:1 NIV)



This is my summer home! I know it may not seem like much, but I long for the warmth of summer and camping. This year Stephanie and I are heading to the northeast for 18 days. Niagara Falls, Montreal, Quebec City, Nova Scotia, Maine, Acadia NPK, and New York are all on the itinerary. All we'll have is a camper, Vic, and the pleasure of time together. It's a real part of Heaven. This home is temporary, just like my real home in Garrett. 

My life on this Earth is only temporary. My beautiful home will not last. It's a tent compared to the mansion waiting for me in paradise. I enjoy "camping" here in this life, but it's as fleeting as my summer vacations. God promises us a great mansion when we join him in Heaven. We will spend eternity with him and living in the most plush surroundings. It will be a site to behold. I can't wait. 

Thank you Lord for this glorious life and the promise of streets paved with gold and mansions for all the faithful. I will spend the rest of my time here on this "celestial camping trip", recruiting others to fill your many rooms! I praise you Lord and ask for the opportunity to share your wonderful plan with the lost. Guide my footsteps, my words, and my deeds. Help me to make sure they are for your purposes and not my own! Amen!

No comments: