Monday, March 24, 2014

Birds should keep me from being grumpy!

Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? (Matthew 6:26 NIV)

Officially, it's been spring for four days. I haven't seen my first Robin. Several people say they're around, if they're smart they will stay south for awhile. Chance of light snow tonight and no real warmup in sight. Oh to be a snow bird wintering in some tropical climate! 

In years past, we would be on spring break this week. I can tell. I'm grumpy and  need some time away. This weekend we head to Missouri, them Mississippi, then back to Missouri, then home. I am looking forward to the break. I hope it cures my poor attitude.

This verse is always helpful when I start getting grumpy. When I start getting the attitude that I'm tired, I need something to help me realize I don't have it bad. I need someone to remind me of my many blessings. God is in charge and if he takes care of the birds, how much more will he take care of me!

Lord cure me. Change my grumpy thoughts to thoughts of the blessings you have given me. Help me get the rest I need. Help me to have the carefree attitude of the birds you created. I love you Lord and ask you to forgive me for not being grateful and full of your love every day of my life. Amen!

No comments: