Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Believe

And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him. (Hebrews 11:6 NIV)

Do you remember the cute Disney movie "Angels in the Outfield"? The haphazard Angels ML baseball team couldn't win a game. Then a small boy gets involved, real Angels come and help the team win. It's a funny show that has a message about faith. I loved that movie because life is about Faith. They had lost so many games they had lost all hope of winning. They needed outside help to bring back the hope. 

It may seem strange, but you can't please God if you don't believe in him. But not only do you have to believe in him, you need to seek him. Faith is central to our life with Christ. The first step is believing in his existence, the second is getting to know him. I've heard it said in athletics, first you have to believe you are going to win before you can win. Our lives  have that same theme and sometimes we need outside help to strengthen those beliefs. Faith is the beginning of our hope for a successful life. Seeking him takes that faith and makes it grow. 

Lord, I believe in you. I am so amazed by the love you show us. I'm humbled by the sacrifice of your son for me. Guide my life in ways that helps my faith grow. Bless this day for your purposes through my words, thoughts and deeds. Amen!

No comments: