Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Exhaustion is the tool of Satan!

But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: (Matthew 6:20 KJV)

While I was working out tonight I listened to one of my favorite pastors -- Chuck Swindoll. I listened for nearly an hour as he gave advice from the Bible on prayer. Toward the end he mentioned something that got my attention. "Exhaustion is the tool of Satan". I know some people get uncomfortable talking about Satan. Many would choose to believe he does not exist. The Bible is clear, he exists. I can certainly verify exhaustion is evil. Tired people do not make good Christians. I know personally because right now I'm tired and not being a good Christian. I know if I just make it until the end of the week I get a short break. God will provide rest and relieve my tiredness. I just hope I don't offend too many people along the way. 

Here is another post, it fits my mood: 

                                 

So, even though I'm tired, grumpy, and not necessarily the best Christian, God loves me. He's not giving up on me. He will continue to do his work in me. He will give me rest and peace so I can continue to do his work. It will be in his time and in his way.

I praise you Lord that I do not have to be perfect for you to love me. I thank you Lord that even though I am far from the person you would have me to be, you will never leave me. I devote my broken life to you and praise you for your mercy and grace! Amen!

No comments: