Monday, March 3, 2014

Who loves ya Baby?

Peace to the brothers and sisters, and love with faith from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace to all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with an undying love. (Ephesians 6:23, 24 NIV)

Ok, time for a trivia quiz. What TV show and character made famous the line -- "Who loves ya baby?"  Need a hint? He made it cool to suck on a lollipop. Ok, give up? Telly Sevalas, Kojak! I loved this show. Now that I look back, I'm not sure why! 

These verses from Ephesians are pretty typical of closing remarks from a New Testament letter. They had an absolutely grand way for closing out a letter. Early Christians had a lot of love and a deep respect for fellow believers. Have you ever had that kind of devotion to a group of people outside your family? I have. Even now I share that deep kind of love with my Christian Motorcyclist Association Family. That kind of love grows when you're in the trenches with someone. You get to really know someone's heart when you try to minister with them against all odds. When you are on the front lines against a culture against God, you need to have deeply devoted friends. I have that with CMA. Our officer team, members, and international organization might not be perfect, but all would sacrifice their lives for you.  

We all need someone that has our back, brothers and sisters that share your deep faith and are like minded beyond belief. Many people look for that type of relationship. Sometimes you can find it at work, sometimes you find it in recreation groups, or service organizations, sports teams, or neighbors. I've found the deepest relationships mimic those of the 12 disciples. They weren't without sin, but in the end they were deeply devoted to one cause, sharing the gospel message. I love my family, but I also a have special love for my Christian brothers and sisters. I need both kinds of love in my life.

"Who loves ya baby?"

You should be able to answer without hesitation. If not you need to go out and embed yourselves in a group that FIRST loves The Lord. Before long you will since that special Christian love in your own life.

I praise you Lord for my brothers and sisters in motorcycle ministry. I thank you for bringing us together for your service. It is an honor to stand side by side with people that have a undieing love for you and would sacrifice all to save the lost. Please bless them for that type of dedication and devotion to thee. 

No comments: