Monday, September 30, 2013

Self Induced Stress................ It's crazy!

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. (Galatians 5:22, 23 NIV)

What's it going to take to get you to relax? The fruit of the spirit is a great place to start. 

I had a stressful day today. It's my fault. I let myself magnify my stress. Do you know what I mean? I woke up early last night about 2am and stressed myself out about some of my student's  progress at school. After a perfectly relaxing, great weekend, I created my own "self induced stress". I destroyed my own sleep for no good reason. 

 Why? 

Like always I worry about things that may not even come about. It drives me crazy. I need to focus on love, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control. I need to heed my own advice and relinquish control to my wonderful Heavenly Father. God will guide my path. He will lead me. I can not fail when I rely on him. I can rest in his arms knowing none of this matters. It is Christ and his rule that matters the most.

Thank you Lord, for patience with me, for grace, for your power and strength, and your almighty hand in the events of my life. I pray you will fill me with the fruits of the spirit to defeat my stress!

No comments: