Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Take my Life.......

I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. (Philippians 1:20, 21 NIV)

I'm not sure what you or anyone else thinks about me. I write a Christian blog nearly every day. Those that know me will tell you, I have many faults and weaknesses. But, I am proud of who I am. God has made me and, although I fall short every minute of every day, I am made perfect through Christ.

I didn't say I was perfect. I'm not. Even through my own imperfections, Christ is working in me and using this broken, chipped, and worn out vessel. How can you live life as a follower in Christ and not feel exalted by his presence? I see the things I do each day and know it is not me, but Christ in me. Other days, my sinfulness darkens my path, and I could lose hope. I don't because of the saving grace of my savior. So when it comes down to it, my life or my death doesn't matter. What matters is Christ. If his kingdom is furthered by my life, Praise God. If his kingdom is furthered by my death, Praise God. I just want his perfect will in my life. Use me, Lord, at school, with my students, with my coworkers, with my friends, and certainly with my family. Use me on the streets with the lost. Use me with my hands, feet, words and deeds. Please Lord take my life and let it be, consecrated Lord to thee!

 Remember the old Hymn!

  • Take my life, and let it be
    Consecrated, Lord, to Thee;
    Take my moments and my days,
    Let them flow in ceaseless praise,
    Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
  • Take my hands, and let them move
    At the impulse of Thy love;
    Take my feet and let them be
    Swift and beautiful for Thee,
    Swift and beautiful for Thee.
  • Take my voice, and let me sing
    Always, only, for my King;
    Take my lips, and let them be
    Filled with messages from Thee,
    Filled with messages from Thee.
  • Take my silver and my gold;
    Not a mite would I withhold;
    Take my intellect, and use
    Every power as Thou shalt choose,
    Every power as Thou shalt choose.
  • Take my will, and make it Thine;
    It shall be no longer mine.
    Take my heart; it is Thine own;
    It shall be Thy royal throne,
    It shall be Thy royal throne.
  • Take my love; my Lord, I pour
    At Thy feet its treasure-store.
    Take myself, and I will be
    Ever, only, all for Thee,
    Ever, only, all for Thee.


  • No comments: