Thursday, September 12, 2013

40 years, I've changed!

Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. (Galatians 5:24 NIV)

I am a changed man. Are you different now than what you were 5years ago? 10 years ago? 20 years ago? 

I can see such big changes throughout my life. I first dedicated myself to Christ at Junior High Church Camp in 1973. That's been 40 years ago this summer! I'm old! Really old! That big event really set in motion the changes I've seen in my life. Who would have thought I would be in motorcycle ministry, serving students, and loving God like I do.  I slowly gained confidence in myself through High School. When I graduated, I got married and continue to gain independence, even from God. Yet, I never really left him and he certainly never left me. I piled myself into work for the next 15 years, then I changed again. I became more focused on others and changed careers. Education has always been a service ministry for me. Coaching and teaching were ways to live by example for young people. About 11 or 12 years ago, I really renewed my committment to Christ. My life change again. Now I can't get enough of ministry either with CMA or at school. I can't get enough studying his word, prayer, or worship.

Yes, I have changed, not because of who I am but Christ has worked in me. My thoughts now are much purer than they were 40 years ago. my passions are more in line with the things of Christ. It has been a long process and its not over yet. I am not where I want to be or where God wants me. I am closer today than I was yesterday. I see more changes ahead even as I gain a few years. I praise God he has been patient with me! I am excited to see how the Holy Spirit guides me and changes me for his purposes in the years I have left on this earth.

No comments: