Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Trekees for God!

The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: “I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness. (Jeremiah 31:3 NIV)

I am amazed by the mysteries of the universe. Did you know that Voyager spacecraft has left our solar system? Yes, it is hurling into deep space.

I have a confession to make: I'm a Star Trek geek! I really follow all the different series with Star Trek, Captain Kirk of old, Next Generation, Voyager, Deep Space Nine, and all the movies. I am a Trekee!  I want to travel in space. The mysteries of life are found in space. I'm not sure of life on other planets, but somehow I think there are others out there. It's not necessarily biblical, my God is certainly big enough to handle more than one planet of life. To say its not a possibility is to limit God. Nope, I'm not going to do that.

Even more amazing is Gods love for me. Why would he even waste his time? But he does love me  and that love is grander than the universe. It is beyond our galaxy. It is more powerful than warp drive.  His kindness and caring cant be duplicated. Praise God for him sacrificing for us, humble sinners!

No comments: