Friday, September 13, 2013

One sentence to live by!

I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. (Galatians 2:20 NIV)

What do you live by? If you were going to tell someone in a sentence who you are and what you live by, what would that sentence be? For me the second sentence of this verse says it all. The life I now live, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and died for me.

Faith in Christ, that's what I live by. That faith is intertwined in every aspect of my life. Since Christ entered into my life, you can not separate me from my faith. Faith isn't something displayed JUST at church or on Sunday. Faith is not just something I do. As I said yesterday it has and is changing me from the inside out. Faith in Christ is displayed by Christ living inside us. He takes up a permanent home in our hearts and transforms, first our hearts, then our thoughts, words, and actions. Faith will lead to great works.

Praise God for a changed life of faith.

No comments: