Saturday, September 28, 2013

A full schedule does not = importance!

I can do all this through him who gives me strength. (Philippians 4:13 NIV)

I'm not a great person. I am a busy person. Those two things are not related as much as people think they are. I am no different than most other Americans, I am so busy. We often brag about our busy schedules like they are a badge of honor. If we can have a schedule that is busier than my our neighbors, we are more important. Over the last three years I have been doing things to try to empty my schedule. I changed jobs, and have slowly reduced my extracurricular activities. I have one more year as assistant basketball coach and that will be done. I know longer help coach cross country and track. I get to spend more time on things God would have me do. 

I am still busy. But my schedule continues to fill up with service to him and time with family. There is nothing better than having time with family, spending time in Gods word, and service for his kingdom. Maybe we should all work toward that goal.

No comments: