Monday, September 9, 2013

Why Church?

not giving up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but encouraging one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching. (Hebrews 10:25 NIV)

I don't want to sound hypocritical, I have missed a lot of church this summer. I was on vacation for four weeks, but I did attend church on the road. I have been involved with CMA (Christian Motorcyclist Association) events and visiting the grandkids. I have only attended my own church sporadically in the past 3 months and I miss it. My life is not complete without worship!

I love attending church and worshipping with my brothers and sisters in Christ. In my devotional  ,Day by Day with Billy Graham, the comment was made  -- "The Bible says, “Christ loved the Church and gave Himself for it.” If our Lord loved it enough to die for it, then we should respect it enough to support and attend it." I couldn't agree more. If you don't attend church you can not receive the full blessings God has planned for you. I miss church because it is a time to refuel, encourage others, and be encouraged. If you don't attend a church that does that, find another church. This verse tells how really important that is. This world is a messed up place. The closer we get to the return of Christ the more important it is for us to support each other. We can't do that unless we spend time with each other. 

I know many who claim to be followers of Christ who go at it alone, I feel sorry for them. They don't know the joy of corporate worship or the stirring of a powerful Spirit-led sermon. They don't get solid biblical teaching. They don't get to share in the talents of music and song. They don't know the joy of seeing new believers come to Christ. They don't get to hear of the miracles performed every day in the lives of their own Christian neighbors. They don't feel the support during times of loss or a crisis. Yes, I feel sorry for those who miss out on the love of a great church family. I miss mine and praise God for their love and support!

I thank The Lord continuously for County Line Church of God, the pastors, staff, and members are a wonderful gift from God!

No comments: