Monday, September 2, 2013

Praise God from whom all Blessings flow!

I will declare your name to my people; in the assembly I will praise you. (Psalm 22:22 NIV)

The 22nd Psalm is full of anguish and the pain of David's life. Yet, right in the midst is placed this praise. David felt alone and persecuted for his faith, yet he praised God. He felt separated from God, but praised him in front of everyone. 

 I have never been persecuted for my faith, but can't find the time to praise Him. I am so blessed, and still don't praise the giver. Most of my pain is self inflicted, but I am the first to plead for help and the last to praise. I have repeated praises with hollow words like these:

"Praise God from whom all blessings flow. Praise him all creatures here below. Praise him above ye heavenly hosts. Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost." 

I know many of you have said this over and over again. I have repeated it for my entire 53 years of life. Are they just empty words or do we mean it? Can we sing these words through the storms of life? In the middle of desperation? Loss? Pain? I hope so. But, if we can't find the time when things are great, do we really think we will when they're not! 

SAY IT and MEAN IT! Praise God from whom ALL blessings flow!

No comments: