Sunday, September 8, 2013

Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me. (Psalm 51:10 NIV)

I've been backpacking, many years ago, in Colorado. I remember following a small river, creek through the mountains. It was beautiful. The running water was so crystal clear and ice cold. Yet, it was not fit to drink. We had to boil the water before we drank it. How could that be? It was so pure!

If you've done any kind of wilderness travel you know what I mean. But, the water is filled with disease and bacteria. You can't judge it by its looks. 

How true is this of me and my fellow Christians. On the outside, Sunday morning, we look so righteous. Most people know that couldn't be further from the truth. We are flawed and filled with the bacteria and disease of sin. The nice things is,God will purify us, if we sincerely ask. He will purify our hearts and fill us with his spirit. Sometimes we have to be boiled to get the sin out of us. i need to cosntantly ask God to create a clean heart in me and a spirit that refelcts the Spirit of Jesus Christ. i will fail many times but the grace of God overcomes that sin and loves me. 

Praise God that he listens to this cry for purification! 

No comments: