Sunday, September 22, 2013

Checking the clouds? Winter is coming!

“I am,” said Jesus. “And you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven.” (Mark 14:62 NIV)

It's going to happen. When we least expect it, Jesus will return. Until then, we wait. We don't wait in fear or anxiety, we wait with great, joyous anticipation. It could be before we wake. It could be at the break of dawn. Are you ready? I am! 

I had a really busy day today. It's the first day of Fall. There was a coolness in the air. I cleaned all the outside windows, put up the fall decorations, and made ready for the change in weather. I cleaned out the garage to make sure we have room to park the car inside and I changed the oil for the last time on Vic. I also blew up my lawn mower. (It could have waited another month!) I will continue to make preparations for winter.

I wish people knew as much about the coming of Jesus as they know about the coming of winter. Most people don't give it a second thought. The Bible says we need to be ready and look for the signs. Be prepared!  Get ready, he's coming in the clouds. Be ready to enter paradise. Help others get ready like there is no tomorrow! It could be your last!

No comments: