Monday, September 2, 2013

I recognize that voice.

May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word. (2 Thessalonians 2:16, 17 NIV)

I need, we all need encouragement. Through our good times and bad, we need someone to tell us it's going to be ok. My Heavenly Father and my savior are my greatest source for encouragement. It can come in the form of a just in time verse, a song from my Christian Radio station, a sermon, a word from a friend, a Facebook post, or directly through their audible voice. God uses all these methods and more to keep us fired up for him. We are not alone. God is our greatest fan. He loves us and knows just when we need an encouraging word. He speaks to us through many avenues, yet,many do not sense his presence or his caring heart. 

If you don't hear that encouragement it is because of one of two reasons. Either you are not listening, or you haven't developed a strong enough relationship with God to recognize his voice. Which is it for you?

No comments: