Sunday, September 22, 2013

Fading Memory is a God thing!

“See, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind. (Isaiah 65:17 NIV)

My memory is fading. I have never had a great memory, but it is getting worse. In some ways I'm glad. I have forgotten much of the pain in my life. I think God has much to do with that. He is not real big on memory. He forgets our sin and is busy building a heaven where we will completely forget this world. Heaven will be a place where we can have selective memory. We will remember the good, not the bad. We will renew relationships, not the fights. Grudges will be gone, old feuds will be forgotten. Praise God that the new heaven and earth will be a place of renewed spirit and mind. Praise God we don't ever have to re-live the pains of life. Until then, maybe we should take God's lead and forget. We can go ahead and stop hating right now. We can heal relationships, forget the fights and center on Jesus. Unfortunately, I see Christians, including myself, holding grudges just as mush as nonChristians. We need to learn to forgive and forget. Wouldn't the world be a peaceful place if we could forget like God?

No comments: