Saturday, August 31, 2013

A family Legacy!

Now be pleased to bless the house of your servant, that it may continue forever in your sight; for you, Sovereign Lord, have spoken, and with your blessing the house of your servant will be blessed forever.” (2 Samuel 7:29 NIV)

I'm in St. Louis, or more precisely, Eureka, Mo. My daughter Lindsae is pregnant and due anytime. We thought we could spend Labor Day weekend with her. We were kind of hoping she would go into Labor on Labor Day! No such luck yet. 

This passage made me think of the birth of this, our 6th, grandchild. I have been harassing my daughter about naming the boy (if it is a boy) Steven Michael Gilbert. Since I had all daughters I wanted someone to carry my name forward. If they can't share my last name, why not the first? Right? I've not been too fair and pretty selfish about the name issue.  The most important legacy I can leave behind is faith in Christ. It's not my name that's important, it's the name of the one who sacrificed his life for me, my family, and the world. I want my house to live forever, not in name, but in eternity! Be Blessed forever Stephanie, McKenzie, Lindsae, Kelley, Jeff, Brian, Klayton, Lauren, Hannah, Ayla, Rian, and BGIII. I am blessed to be in your earthly family, and I pray all of us will be together as a Heavenly Family, for eternity. Praise God for the blessing he has granted to my family!

No comments: