Thursday, August 1, 2013

Stop drinking the Kool-aid!

You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water. (Psalm 63:1 NIV)

Wow! It's been a long time since I've done this. I would like to say I have missed it. But, I have NOT made it a priority and got out of the habit. Sadly, my daily devotional life has been the same way. It has been sporadic lately. I have needed times with God, but have substituted so many other things. that needs to change.

I just started a new Bible Study from Billy Graham. The second devotion used this verse. Psalm 63:1. Rev. Graham stressed the importance of daily devotion and prayer. I have been blessed by consistent daily devotion and prayer, so I know what he says is true.

Instead of quenching my spiritual thirst with living water, I have substituted a sugary drink, an unhealthy substitute. Nothing quenches thirst like water. I have to stop drinking the Kool-aid and get back to pure, clear, water. I need daily prayer focused on listening to God. I need daily time in studying his word. I need worship. When we do this and we embed Christ into our daily life, earnestly seek God, our lives become a wonderful amazing adventure filled with blessings and love.

No comments: