Saturday, August 17, 2013

Am I up to the task?

But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me. (2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV)

I was talking to a friend tonight and we were both talking about our weaknesses. We both have been put into positions by God to be used for his kingdom. Yet, we both feel inadequate for the task. Reading this verse tonight is not by chance. Through our weakness Gods power is revealed and I should be excited about my weaknesses, not inadequate. 

I  love my Lord. I have given my life to him. He has stretched me and pulled me. I should be ashamed to feel I am not up to the task he has appointed me. I really do nothing through my own power. I am who I am because of Christ in me. Praise God his grace is sufficient and he doesn't need me to be up to the task! God is up to it, therefore so am I.

No comments: