Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Ends of the Earth

From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, when my heart is overwhelmed: lead me to the rock that is higher than I. (Psalms 61:2 KJV)

My grandson went on a missionary trip to Kenya this summer. I've never been off the North American continent. I have been to the end of the earth. I have had times when I have felt so separated from God that I was at the end of the earth. God searched for me even at the ends of the earth. He doesn't desert me when I feel so far away. He will go to no ends to draw me to him.

God has asked us to do the same thing. We are to pursue the lost "to the ends of the earth". How close to the ends of the earth have you gone? Sadly, many of us don't come anywhere near the ends of the earth. Most of us don't pursue the lost at all, they have to find us.

 At work, school, or play, we aren't very bold for Christ. How many opportunities have I passed up? How far out of my comfort zone am I willing to go to share Jesus with the lost? There are multitudes of people who have hearts that are overwhelmed with life. They need Jesus. They don't know how to call on the creator. They don't know the peace of a relationship with Christ. They have never known the power of the Holy Spirit or the wisdom of a Heavenly Father that adores them. 

C'mon Christian brothers, get out of your comfort zones, be bold for Christ. Pursue the lost to the ends of the earth? Lead them to the rock. The high place out of the valley of dispair.


No comments: