Sunday, August 4, 2013

Family!

Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away. (I Corinthians 13:8 NKJV)

There is nothing more important to me, on this Earth, than my family. I am so blessed to have the greatest wife in the world, three great daughters, two wonderful son-in-laws, and 5 1/2 grandchildren. (The six is on the way and due within the next 6 weeks) my life experience with True Love that never fails is through my family. I have been loved and know how to love through my family.

Stephanie has spent this weekend with my daughters and grandchildren in Eureka, MO. I missed being with them. We all love each other. I loved following their fun on Facebook. Sure we have your typical family spats, hurt feelings, and differences of opinion. But, we deeply love each other and love spending time together. Even though we are separated by miles, a day doesn't go by where we don't stay in contact with each other. Phone calls, Facebook, OOVOO, twitter, and blogs ar a blessing from God when it comes to staying in touch with your family.

Wouldn't it be great if we all had that same "Family" style relationship with God. We have so many opportunities to stay in contact with God. Worship, Bible Study, and Prayer are the Social media with Jesus. We have moments on our drive to work, after we wake, before we sleep, walking down the hall, eating lunch or dinner, where we could take the time to connect with God. If we would only cherish these moments like we do our family moments, our lives would be wonderfully blessed. We need to take the time to send God that 144 character tweet, like his word, and repost his posts. 

We are a part of Gods eternal family. He loves us, longs to be with us, and smiles when we are in his presence. Connect with him today!

No comments: