Saturday, August 24, 2013

Do I know me?

For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust. (Psalms 103:14 NKJV)

Who are you? Who...Who...Who... Who?

Really, how would you describe yourself? I've heard it said, "there's who you think you are, who others think you are, and who God knows you are." How absolutely true that is. I love to think of myself as a man of God. I like to think I am dedicated to him and live my life loving others, caring and serving selflessly. 

Ok, how many of you just stopped in your tracks wondering if i was describing the same Steve Rhoades you know. More often than not, including now, we have an exaggerated view of ourselves. From the inside we see the pursuit of the person we want to be. I can say I truly TRY to be the person I described. My sinfulness gets in my way. Paul often described this struggle in his life. i know what I want to do, yet I don't do it. 

People also have a distorted view of who we are. I see this a lot with parents at school. Most have a blinded or jaded view of their child. It could be their sports ability or their academic ability, they just can't separate their love from reality. Just like I know my three daughters were born with halos! I might want that to be true, but it's not. They are great women of God, but like their father, they each have flaws.

God knows us. He knows our every weakness, our joys, our fears, and our hearts. He knows we are sinners created out of the dust of the Earth. He not only knows us, he accepts us just as we are. He doesn't forget we're just a pile of dust. He loves us anyway. God knows our frame and all that is within us. Praise God he loves us anyway. 

As a Christian, I am always pursuing a Christ like life. I know I am a long way off. God will help me get to where HE wants me to be. He has grace and patience to to lead me through life. He knows who I am and loves me because of it!

Don't you want to get to know him in the same way?

No comments: