Sunday, August 25, 2013

Death watch.

O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? (1 Corinthians 15:55 KJV)

I am a day away from another birthday. Specifically, my 53rd birthday is tomorrow. I love getting older. I love teaching, but I am excited about getting older, retiring, and starting a new adventure. I don't mind getting closer to my parting on this Earth, I have a lot to look forward to. Im not on some type of Death watch because I'm not done here, but I'm always ready!

Death is feared by so many, not me. I look forward to eternal life and my REAL home in Heaven. My life is great here on Earth. I have a wonderful, loving wife who also happens to be my best friend. I have three great daughters that I love dearly. I can't even find words for the love I have for them and my 5 soon to be 6 grandchildren. I have been blessed with meaningful work, great friends, and ministry opportunities that make my life complete. Even with the wonderful life I've been blessed with, I can't wait to reach Heaven. The victory we all seek, the final, real peace is in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. When we join him in Heaven, we get to share in the celebration and worship for eternity. We get to walk streets paved with gold, spend time with the loved ones we have lost and miss here on Earth, and most importantly spend time with Jesus. No more pain, no more sorrow, no more stresses of life. I am ready!

Until the time The Lord calls me home, I will pursue the lost, share his love and rejoice in the great present and future I have been given. I love the times I have with my family and look forward to many more years here on this planet. God has given me this time for his purpose and I am blessed with more than I deserve. Praise God for his love and mercy, and the place he has prepared for us!

No comments: