Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Become someone else's REFUGE AND FORTRESS!

I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust.” (Psalm 91:2 NIV)

WHO is your refuge? your Fortress? Who can you trust with your deepest secrets or your biggest struggles? My wife, Stephanie is that person for me. But, I have had others as well. My Dad was that person when we lived in Elkhart. I cherished that time. I have had numerous friends that I could talk about anything and everything. It takes time to develop a relationship that is that trusting. As I have grown in my relationship with Stephanie, we have grown to trust each other more and more. We have shared things no one else knows about us. It's taken 35 years to develop that love and trust.

We need to work at relationships in a way that we become someone else's fortress and refuge. We need to love and care about someone enough to earn their unwavering trust. Sharing Christ as a stranger is a weak witness. People need to see Christ in you. They need to see nonjudgmental love,  a foundation of faith that will not move. If we want to save the world we need to start NOW, by building relationships that are deep and that will stand the test of time. It requiresbus to be vulnerable and open with everyone meet and to practice the love of Christ 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. We need to GO to the people who need a refuge and a fortress. Those people are people we work with, go to school with, or see at family functions. People on the steets, suffering in hospitals, or in homeless shelters need a refuge and fortress in you. People out of jobs, people who DONT KNOW JESUS, need you. It's about relationships!

No comments: