Wednesday, August 14, 2013

My teacher!

Whoever scorns instruction will pay for it, but whoever respects a command is rewarded. (Proverbs 13:13 NIV)

School is back in session. Students and teachers are in teaching and learning mode. I pray God will take this school year and use it for his purposes. I pray God will teach us how to love and live a life filled with service. I have had the opportunity to have many great teachers, my favorite teacher was not a teacher at all. my favorite teacher is a pastor. When i was a teen i had a pastor named Ted Blosser. at a time inmmy life wheni was transitioning to adulthood, this great teacher, taught me the most important lessons about how to live a life with Christ. He taught straight from the Bible. Just like our students use textbooks and reference material to learn, I love using the Bible to learn. My life would never be the same without this wonderful book. It is my instructor for life. I praise God for people like Ted and the teaching they provide every week. 

We need to be life long learners. We need to take the message of God and the instruction it provides to improve our life, but more importantly the lives of others. We instruct every day by the lives we lead, the words we say, and the actions we take. We have to be grounded in the word to make sure that witness is the blessing it can be.

No comments: