Sunday, August 18, 2013

If I die...............

“But now, Lord, what do I look for? My hope is in you. (Psalm 39:7 NIV)

I ride motorcycles. Most people know I have a PASSION for riding. I bought a new motorcycle in February and since then have put over 15,000 miles on it. I am blessed to be able to use that passion for riding. This weekend I got to spend time with my CMA family at our Indiana State Rally. One of our members was there to give a powerful testimony about there tragic motorcycle accident. I love motorcycles and riding, but I have a healthy fear of being extremely vulnerable while riding. There is no activity I do where I am more focused and alert. You have to be alert and keenly aware of who you share the road with. Even then, you still might not be able to avoid a tragedy. This couple did everything right and when that car pulled out in front of them they could not avoid it. Yet, they have a powerful faith. They have a hope in Jesus. They have a powerful message for the lost.

So, with this danger, why do I ride? It's a tough question to answer, but I'll try. 

I truly believe God gave me my passion for motorcycles. I have had such great opportunities to share the gospel because of this passion. Does this mean I am fearless? Does this mean I feel less vulnerable on my motorcycle because, "I'm on Gods side"? NO! But, I do not fear the unknown. I know Jesus is in charge of my life. His plans for me are all that matter. Going to secular rallies, sharing while traveling, living a life as a biker is MY calling from God.

Since I've accepted Jesus Christ in my life, and mature in my faith, I realize my life is not my own. I am not here on this Earth for my own purposes. I'm here to be used by Jesus for his kingdom. If God chooses to take my life while I sleep tonight, it's his right. It's his life not my own. If i die in a tornado, its his life to take, not my own. If he chooses to take my life in a motorcycle accident, it's his life, not my own. While I am here breathing,  I choose to listen to his call and respond. He has called me to use my passion for two wheels in service to him. Even a tragic accident can be used for his kingdom. I fully accept that risk for furthering the kingdom of God. Not only do I accept the risk, I cherish it. Any risk is small if I can just help one person come to a relationship with Jesus. 

My hope is in him! My life is in him and my death on this Earth is in him!

No comments: