Thursday, August 15, 2013

The Rock!

Before the mountains were born or you brought forth the whole world, from everlasting to everlasting you are God. (Psalm 90:2 NIV)

As I traveled out west this past week, I find I take comfort in the vision of mountains and rocks. The majesty of large rock formations like Mount Rushmore or the spires of Needles Highway are comforting to me. One of the guys I was traveling with said how could you view these wonderful creations and not KNOW there is a God. I agree.

I love routine. The beginning of the school year is always frantic and this year is no exception. Things will settle down. Life at GHS will get to be predictable as the mountains and huge rock formations we saw this past week..............for a while. This new pilot program we are doing this year at school is a little stressful for the students and the teachers. It's an unknown. This will also change and as the program grows it will also become more predictable. 

The one thing that never changes, from the beginning of time, is God. When I wake in the morning and go to bed each night, I get to spend time with the greatest constant in my life. I am so thankful to have this ROCK that loves me and walks with me throughout all the turmoil and stresses of life. We all need that type of stability. You may be able to take comfort in the mountains or wonderful rock formations, but You can only find real comfort in one spot. God.

No comments: