Thursday, May 31, 2018

What is weighing you down?

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.”
‭‭Hebrews‬ ‭12:1‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/heb.12.1.nlt

I’ve lost 40 lbs over the past 18 months. I’m pretty proud of that. I’m more excited that it’s been 18 months. It started with a resolution to improve my A1C and get off some of diabetic medicine. I no like Myers have to do wow my insulin and dropped a couple other medicines. I’m not the only one to lose a lot of weight. Steph is matching me and several of our friends have lost over 100 lbs. I feel better and that is always a bonus. Sticking to a diet is not always easy, but I have made it part of my daily routine and it’s not been too difficult. I am amazed that I have stuck with it for over a year and I praise God for his help!

Right now I am trying to strip off all the baggage, losing the weight  that keeps me from a closer relationship with the Lord. All my efforts are to work on my weaknesses and the sin that "so easily trips us up". Simplifying my life, removing the clutter of busyness, and making sure all I do is for God's glory and not my own, is part of my goal. This Blog helps me do that in a small way. I feel it is so important for me to internalize God's word, to think about it, to meditate upon it, and to apply it to my day. So, I blog and pray about my readings. I try to use what I have read throughout my day. It really makes scripture come to life in my journey with the Lord. What weighs you down? What is keeping you from a deeper relationship with the Lord?  What is keeping you from living a life that is pleasing to the Lord?

Dear Lord, My life is yours, all of it. I pray your strength and wisdom to use every moment I have to further your kingdom. Help me strip the weight of this world away from my daily routine. Help me to center my life on you. I know I have weaknesses and sin that keep me from doing your will. Please strip those things from my life. I praise you for all you have done for me and want nothing more than to serve you. Amen!




No comments: