Saturday, May 12, 2018

A cheap imitation!

“And now, dear brothers and sisters, we give you this command in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ: Stay away from all believers who live idle lives and don’t follow the tradition they received from us. For you know that you ought to imitate us. We were not idle when we were with you.”
‭‭2 Thessalonians‬ ‭3:6-7‬ ‭NLT‬‬
http://bible.com/116/2th.3.6-7.nlt

Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

Do you want people to copy your life?

It’s kind of a strange question. But, as a believer in Christ we are to be an example for others. So I ask, are you a good example for others? If someone dug into your life how deep would your faith go? Are you a “Cheap Imitation of Christ?” Or are you a genuine Christian filled with the love of the Gospel message? I think all these questions are interconnected. Paul was confident in his faith walk and that he wanted others to follow his example. For me, I don’t quite have that confidence but am feeling better about it every day.

You may not want to be an example for others to live by. Most of the time, that’s not your choice. When I wear my Christian Motorcyclists Association Backpatch, I declare I am a follower of a Christ and “look at me this is the life the Lord wants you to live!” That is a challenging opportunity. It is one that through my own strength and will I can not do it well.  With Christ it IS possible.

Lord, guide my thoughts, my words, and my actions that I would be an example to others. Help me to model all your perfect ways. Let others see clearly your love, your mercy, and your grace, through every waking hour of my life. I praise you for my life. It is only by your hand that I am where I am today. Amen!

No comments: